Wednesday, March 7, 2007

In Love With Secret Homeless Guy

Some women don't like it when they get hit on by construction workers, or baristas, or emo boys. I respect that. You can be choosy. I personally love it when I get a little wink with my latte. It makes me feel special. It makes me feel like clubbing the woman behind me who gets a wink with her hot chocolate. Any woman who drinks hot chocolate at Starbucks does not deserve winks. Today there was a homeless man on my bus. He was burping uncontrollably and smelled like a cross between pee and older pee. He asked me to marry him. Before he passed out, I was considering it. It was actually kind of the highlight of my day. I thought that there must be something special about this man--something that made him able to recognize and appreciate the real me. As I stepped over him when we reached my stop, I had hope that this was not the only man whose path I would cross that had this particular quality. Not the pee smell--the depth. Although I could really learn to overlook the pee smell.

No comments: